A Narrow Escape From Government, 4.

 When my father was alive, he told me to make sure I marry a woman that can look me into the face and tell me the truth and with Mmachi, I thought I had gotten it but I was wrong because I didn't know her background. One day, she visited me with two of her siblings and my ATM card went missing. After three days, I found it under the bed but I doubted if it had not been tempered with!


When I called her on phone to explain the whereabouts of the ATM card to me and she said I was being too dramatic. I wondered what part of the movie I was acting but no idea came into my mind! When we sat down to talk, she said that she wanted to surprise me because she found out I was being too serious with everything. The explanation did not go down well with me but I kept my cool. Later, she asked me if I was angry but I said no.


To my greatest surprise, I went back home and met my door open. As if that was not enough, my modem went missing and three of the rabbits I was training was nowhere to be found! I wanted to run mad but Musa calmed me down and told me that all these things are worldly.


After that day, I began to wonder if I deserved that misery! Even when I was growing up, I never stole anybody's thing. I saved up some money and bought a she goat for training at a very young age! That was why even in the city, I was training rabbits and peacocks. Most people knew me as a hardworking guy who would soon blow but I never knew I was going to end up like this! With armed robbers going away with most of my properties, I had nothing to fall back to.


Thank God for Elimma who came through for me that year! She came in a tricycle and fulfilled all my needs. We were from the same village and she said that she saw in a vision where I was walking up and down blind in a valley filled with darkness and she came to visit me. The vision was so scary but I believed her a bit so long as the wraps of fufu she brought was okay for consumption. Musa later packed out from the yard! The relationship died a natural death and I went in search of menial jobs and found one in a satchet water factory.


That was where I met Cynthia and my life took a U-turn. Later, my uncle had to explain to me that l life is zig-zag in pattern and I believed him! 


Cynthia and I went for picnic and I told her the story of my life.

Comments

Popular Posts