A Narrow Escape From Government, 2.
You have to understand me very well! I was a good guy when I was growing up but when people started taking my little acts of kindness for granted, I had to show them the other side of me.
It's hard to guess what makes me happy but whenever Mmachi was around, I smiled because she had a pair of dimples, her colour was neither black nor fair but she was gold in colour! Later, when I went through her Facebook wall I found out that she had a deep understanding of life. Her quotes were top-notch and her strong perceptives about religion, politics and business were extraordinary!
I fell for her because of her beauty and that was one of my greatest undoings because when I started seeing the other side of her, I couldn't let go! I was literally engrossed with the thoughts of how our future would be without minding whose ox was gored. One day, I called her and told her that I was fed up with life, she said I should try and have a story to be remembered for! When I thought about it, I found out that there was no need having fear of the unknown.
That girl thought me what my uncle never thought me and I was smiling sheepishly. Talking about my uncle is another story al together because he was an aspiring professor and when he speaks, you would think he's is one of those people working at Queen Elizabeth's house. For example, he if wants to call Mmesoma, he would say, Mmesoni-a.
At times, I used to get tired of him but I would console myself with the fact that I had not seen half of what he has seen in life! The UK embassy denied him visa 3 times because he changed his name and that, for no reason!
Today when I looked at it, I wondered if he was wrong. He said that all the old men in our kindred are archaic. So, he had to choose a better name.
Comments
Post a Comment