A Narrow Escape From Government, 3.
When my uncle heard that I was dating another girl, he called me, sat me down and began to talk to me! One of the things he told me was that I should not marry a girl based on the fact that I met her on Facebook because some of them are idle and are just pushing strange agenda! I cleared his doubt that Mmachi was different and he nodded. I know he was not fully convinced. So, I decided to confuse him. Sooner or later, we were both laughing over a reckless comment made by a politician over the radio.
When I sat down to analyze what Uncle Chuks said, I found out that there were some elements of truth in it. For example, some women just want to marry, divorce their husbands and have a share of his properties without contributing to buy anyone while some are hardworking. When I looked at it, I found out that women should actually be providing for their families alongside their husbands but I was flabbergasted!
I was flabbergasted because ever since my father died, my uncle had never called me on phone to ask for my account details so that he can wire some amounts of money into it for me to use and start business! I was flabbergasted because even the day he called me to his house, he didn't serve me a plate of Egusi soup with pounded yam instead he gave me bottled water, some pieces of groundnut and handkerchief which till today, I don't know what to do with it. Through out our stay, he was talking about how he wants to go to Mauritius, develop one probitics or the other and receive an International for his contribution to Science. Ha! I thought I had escaped village people.
After that discussion with my uncle, I knew it was time to take action to avoid losing the only ring tone in my phone! So, I decided to fake an arrest and bring her to an unusual place where I could then calmly propose to her but the whole thing as she opened her mouth and told them all she knew about a murder case that happened in Government house 5 years ago! Before I could reach the police station, the case file had been transferred to Amawbia and I was just sweating. When she was finally charged to court, she confessed that she said all those things under duress!
God so kind, she was not even in Anambra when all those things happened and when they asked her, she said that she heard it over the radio. To make matters worse, her own account of the story sounded so real that the police officer in charge of the case thought she was there when it happened! I didn't later propose to her but I stood with her through out the trial period.
When my uncle heard what was happening, he came down to us with speed in the company of his wife and three children to pose with us for a photograph at the close of each session in court! I didn't know if education was not able to wash out that thing that was disturbing them from my father's house but I know that he was smart.
One day, I paid Mmachi a visit in her mother's house and she was discussing with Sandra when I came and I greeted both of them but Sandra left almost immediately. So, I used that opportunity to propose to her and she agreed. We both thanked God that she didn't go to prison but she was not aware I Masterminded her arrest but I didn't plan it that way!
While she was away at the office during her case ordeals, her boss found another lady to replace her as a receptionist there but when he heard that she was engaged to me, was happy and even volunteered to print our wedding banner free of charge. He and I have a way of discussing about bitcoin but he was not happy that I was carrying a dead laptop up and down!
I understood his fear but I was not a yahoo boy.
Comments
Post a Comment